Friday, April 23, 2010

The Beat Frequency - April 23, 2010

This week: the original of "Laura" (last week had the cover)
"Fascination" by La Roux ("old fascination is feeding my frustration" were sweet lyrics)

Best thing ever "Worst Song Medley" by Garfunkel and Oates, ukulele version of the following put together in the best way possible:
1. "I Love You Always Forever" by Donna Lewis
2. "I Don't Want To Wait "by Paula Cole
3. "Too Close" by Next
4. "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer
5. "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd
6. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua
7. "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something
8. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson
9. "Cotton Eyed Joe" by Rednex
10. "Rush, Rush" by Paula Abdul
11. "I'll Be Missing You" by Diddy
12. "Drops of Jupiter" by Train (last line)

Final Fantasy's cover of "Peach, Plum, Pear" by Joanna Newsom, a suggestion from my friend Carrie.

I played a bunch of songs requested from my friend Greg, including the Bob Dylan, Usher, and Prince songs below.

"Warrior" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs may or may not have been requested by my sister, but I will associate that song with her forever.

Playlist:
1Local NativesWild Eyes
2Ben Folds FiveBattle of Who Could Care Less
3GirlsLaura
4La RouxFascination
5Garfunkel and OatesWorst Song Medley
6ColdplayShiver
7SpiderbaitBlack Betty
8Final FantasyPeach, Plum, Pear
9Crystal CastlesBaptism
10TeddybearsCobrastyle
11Reverend and the MakersHeavyweight Champion of the World
12Architecture in HelsinkiMaybe You Can Owe Me
13Bob DylanI Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Met)
14UsherMy Way
15PrincePurple Rain
16ShilohOperator (Girl Like Me)
17Modest MouseLives
18Nick DrakeAt The Chime Of A City Clock
19Wild BeastsHooting and Howling
20Yeah Yeah YeahsWarrior
21Depeche ModePersonal Jesus
22Joanna NewsomOn A Good Day
23White RabbitsWhile We Go Dancing

No comments: